Snippets from Club History - The Library

Posted: 7/9/2018

1932

R G Sharman-Crawford was Vice Commodore and R G Groves-Raines was Rear Commodore

"The Committee decided to establish a Club Library to store,catalogue and look after the various nautical books owned by the Club.  The sum of £25 was allotted to providing bookcases, shelves etc."

After years of growth by way of members donating books and magazines the Library collection had got somewhat out of hand.  The job of reorganising it has been bravely taken on by Barbara Coffey and with assistance from Jim Coffey and Elaine Hicks more order has been restored;  it is however still a work in progress.

Back to News